Duties & Responsibilities:
- Leader of Network Operations Center, accountable to Data Center operations and manage the following
- Ensure uptime of around 600 servers situated in the primary data center, disaster recovery site and remote
offices spread across the country.
- Server, Network and Storage Capacity Planning.
- Ensure availability of databases (Sybase, SQL Server).
- Manage and maintain servers that run on different operating systems such as Windows, Red Hat Linux, etc.
- Ensure information security (logical and physical).
- Ensure availability of network connectivity (i.e., MPLS, site to site vpn links, etc.) and liaise with provider
if there’s any downtime.
- Timely and accurate deployment of systems/applications to the remote offices of the client.
- Manage and maintain the primary and DR data center.
- Ensure uptime and availability of the following equipments:
SAN Storage (IBM DS4800, IBM V7000, HP EVA6400)
Blade Servers (IBM, HP)
Core Routers and Switches (Cisco)
Firewalls (Cisco, Fortinet)
Production Servers (IBM, HP)
Tape Backup/Libraries (IBM Tivoli)
- Manage and maintain the following environments:
- Ensure business continuity by enforcing backup policies and monitoring status and health of Disaster
- Communicate with internal and customer-facing teams in support of status updates regarding open
incidents, and implement actions in support of root cause analysis and problem resolution.
- Works closely with Project Management Office and IT Infra Department to address day-to- day system and
infrastructure issues of the client.
- Conduct training and orientation to client personnel.
- Provide regular status reports related to NOC and Data Center Operations.
- With BS degree preferably with technical certifications.
- Must have at least 10 years working experience in an environment described above.
- With strong knowledge of database management, preferably Sybase or MSSQL Server.
- Adept in Linux and Windows systems administration.
- Solid working knowledge and hands-on experience with network protocols (TCP/IP, HTTP, FTP, etc) and
utilities (Telnet, SSH, etc).
- Good people and project management skills.
- Working knowledge of monitoring technologies such as WhatsUp, SolarWinds, Web monitoring tools,
Nagios and others.
- Solid working knowledge and hands-on experience with application servers technology (IIS, Apache, etc)
- Preferably with experience on server virtualization.
- Must be willing to work in extended hours especially during critical activities at NOC.