Perform research and analyze proxy statements to complete proxy analyses for shareholders’ meetings of publicly traded companies covered by ISS’ Research team.
- Gain understanding of investment and shareholder issues gathered through fundamental research
- Distill financial and corporate governance information to write research reports and issue proxy vote recommendations based on ISS’ policy guidelines
- Maintain advanced understanding of compensation, board issues, and shareholder rights
- Answer internal or issuer queries on research reports and able to discuss policy issues
- Actively participate in various working committees and/or special projects
- Bachelors’ degree in Economics, Finance, Accounting, or equivalent. Basic analytical ability and financial understanding of investment issues.
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Ability to work within a team oriented environment. Strong attention to detail, organizational skills and ability to prioritize multiple tasks .
- Experience in corporate governance/investment analysis and research is an advantage. Understanding of corporate governance issues, corporate transactions, and capital markets. Moderate knowledge of MS Office and MS Excel