Duties & Responsibilities:
- Administers staff and service functions that provide 24×7 support and service to
the organization. Includes project management, intra-organizational
communications, manpower schedule, and/or coordination of HR issues.
- Oversees operations and administrations of the organization’s internal/external
escalation chain with proactive status to clients.
- Creates and maintains documentation and technical solutions for Sybase
- Provides expert assistance in database design, indexing and partitioning
- Supervises 6 or more associates in jobs with network, systems administration
and DBA skills.
- Conducts performance evaluation of members.
- Provides team leadership to one work unit.
- Recommends solutions to a variety of day-to-day challenges, most specially
Sybase. Includes root cause analysis.
Minimum Education Required:
- College Graduate
Minimum Relevant Experience Required:
- More than 3 years of experience leading a technical
support function; and more than 7 years of hands-on
skills and knowledge of Sybase database design,
implementation and administration in Windows and
Other competencies, skills,
- Strong skill in SQL programming including writing
stored procedures (an advantage)
- Expertise in Sybase ASE, Replication performance
tuning, administration and troubleshooting
- Hands-on experience with High Availability such as
SAN replication, database mirroring, clustering and
disaster recovery technologies.
- Functional understanding of network support and
systems administrations activities
- Familiarity with system monitoring tools such as
What’s Up Gold, Solarwinds, Netcool, Nagios, etc.
- Reports generation with proficiency in Microsoft
products including advance Excel and Power point.
- Working experience in supporting 24×7 mission
critical database operations with familiarity to
- Adaptability to changing project and departmental
priorities. Able to work scheduled hours and
overtime when needed.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Strong team orientation, open-minded and able to
listen to other’s ideas.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills