- The Project Manager shall provide support to Datalex’s PM and PMO Group and shall manage projects with clients in Asia, particularly in China, Indonesia and the Philippines. The role of the Project Manager is to plan, execute, and finalize projects according to strict deadlines and within budget. This includes acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of team members with the client and other stakeholders in order to deliver projects according to plan. The Project Manager will also define the project’s objectives and oversee quality control throughout its life cycle.
- The Project Manager is tasked to develop and manage project schedule & budget. Having the ability to initiate, lead, motivate and mentor a team, the Project Manager should be able to communicate project expectations to team members; identify and manager project issues; identify, analyze, and respond to project risks; manage changes to project scope and ensure timely deliveries of projects. He/She must possess excellent communication and presentation skills for planning, interacting, and adapting to Client requirements. He/She should be flexible in order to manage projects on varied technologies and cater to time difference needs. The Project Manager is also tasked to communicate status to management and provide general oversight and direction to the project team.
- Education: University degree in the field of Information Technology or similar course
- Experience: At least 3 years experience in IT Project Management and hands on experience in all phases of full SDLC
- Knowledge/prior experience handling projects based on Java technologies
- Previous work experience in a consulting environment with a remote team set-up
Knowledge & Skills:
- Good communication skills (able to discuss design decisions, able to escalate issues when situation arises)
- Candidate must have excellent Chinese communication skills; both written and verbal; ideally Chinese national
- Can provide guidance and leadership to the technical team, including developers and software testers.
- Expert knowledge in MS applications, e.g., MS Project and MS Office
- Complete SDLC know-how and documentation
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines Additional Requirements:
- Candidate must be willing to work in Makati City
- Candidate must be willing to travel to China