The Network Specialist provides technical support for the implementation, management, troubleshooting and maintenance for the network infrastructure of the customer.
- Resolve network-related incidents and accomplish service requests.
- Create change requests and attend Change Advisory Board Meetings for any network-related changes to be implemented.
- Investigate and drive resolution for all network/firewall related problem tickets.
- Consult network solutions to internal and our customers
- Communicate with Internal employees and external partners.
- Years of experience – 3 years or more
Local Area Network (LAN)
- Experience configuring and managing core switches – Cisco Catalyst 4500, 4500X, 6880X,
- Experience configuring and managing access switches – Cisco Catalyst 2960X, 3650, 3850.
- Experience managing and configuring switch stacks and chassis-based switches.
- Experience managing and configuring Cisco Virtual Switching System VSS and Stackwise.
- Experience with interior routing protocols such as EIGRP and OSPF.
- Demonstrated experience troubleshooting in complex LAN environments
- Experience with switching technologies such as HSRP, RPVST, MST
Wide Area Network (WAN)
- Experience configuring and managing Cisco ASR and ISR routers
- Demonstrated experience with large complex WAN environments
- Working knowledge of BGP (eBGP and iBGP) routing and BGP communities in a multi- carrier environment
- Proven ability to manage and interact with carrier support centers and engineers when implementing solutions.
- Demonstrated experience in WAN QoS specifically LLQ and policy based routing configuration.
- Demonstrated experience with Cisco Nexus equipment and NXOS operating environments
- Familiar with the Spine and Leaf architecture
- Demonstrated experience in a complex VLAN environment with the ability to manage VLAN on port channels and trunks in a secure and complex environment
- Demonstrated Experience managing Nexus9000, Nexus 7000, 5000 and 2000 environments
- Demonstrated Experience configuring and troubleshooting VPC, FEX and VDCs