Duties & Responsibilities:
- Performs performance tuning and optimization activities to maintain databases.
- Performs all kinds of database maintenance including installation, upgrade, patching,
backup/restore, export/import, space management, monitoring and disaster recovery.
- Provides day-to-day support for 24×7 Sybase databases and services.
- Maintains database configurations in compliance with security policy and standard.
Manages database user accounts.
- Collaborates with other teams to promote changes to production and other environment as
- Creates and maintains documentation and technical solutions for Sybase systems.
- Provides expert assistance in database design, indexing and partitioning application
performance (required for senior level).
- Performs all other related duties from time to time
Minimum Education Required:
- College Graduate
Minimum Relevant Experience Required:
- 2 – 3 years in database administration (for junior level), and 3 – 5 years (for senior level)
Other competencies, skills,
Hands-on knowledge of at least one of the
1. MS SQL Server
Ample knowledge of database design,
implementation and administration of databases
hosted in Windows and RHEL.
Strong SQL programming skills including writing
stored procedures (an advantage).
Preferably with working experience on Sybase
ASE, Replication, performance tuning,
administration and troubleshooting.
With hands-on experience in High Availability
as SAN replication, database mirroring,
clustering and disaster recovery
Working experience in supporting 24×7 mission
critical databases with familiarity to Ticketing
Adaptability to changing project and
departmental priorities. Able to work
hours and overtime when needed.
Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving
Strong team orientation, open-minded and able
to listen to other’s ideas.
Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Not over 35 years old