- Determines, analyzes, and transforms business requirements to produce design specifications at the system and programming levels.
- Develops, tests, implements and documents programs according to program specifications and Sun Life standards.
- Identifies all possible test scenarios and prepares tests for the systems under development.
- Executes test plan during development and system testing and provides user acceptance testing or other testing as required to ensure that system processing reflects user requirements / designs.
- Provides post-implementation and production support for systems including analysis of production problems.
- Performs development/update of the Users Manual, Systems Manual and Operations Manual.
- 5+ years of Cobol Programming, DB2, JCL, MVS/TSO and SQL/SPUFI
- Competent Systems Analysis and Design skills
- Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) major tasks and deliverables
- College/University Degree
- Background in Banking, Financial and Life Insurance business is a plus but NOT required
- Applies competent systems analysis and design skills.